Sunday, September 23, 2007

What am I doing?

Well, I am doing something that I am pretty sure I have vowed in the past not to do. I am blogging. Yikes. This is almost embarrassing for me. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading several of my friends' blogs in the past, and in part I do not feel that I have anything to say that is worth reading. My thoughts are all poor reconstructions of what a wiser person has said before me. Even when I have a thought that I feel is worth writing down, my words don't do it justice. I don't know why I have this desire in me to put these incomplete, simplistic, boring thoughts on the internet for anyone to look at, but I do. Maybe I really do believe that I have something inside worth sharing. Or maybe I hope that I will be able to find answers to my questions as I wonder them "aloud." I think that I have come to the conclusion that through writing in this way, there is a deeper, bigger truth that can be grasped then I can find with my thoughts bouncing around in my own head. Somehow, writing for an audience - even if it is small or potentially nonexistent - forces thoughts that start out random and directionless into some sort of moderately coherent order. So hopefully that is what I will be able to do. For myself, and for you - my small and potentially nonexistent audience. Thank you for listening.

No comments: