Saturday, October 25, 2008

Mmmmm

This morning I was sitting in a coffee shop, studying for a multitude of exams I have in the next week, listening to some wonderful music, looking at the beautiful blue sky and pretty leaves out the window, and I thought to myself, "Life is so good." There are those moments in which all the things which make up life just add up to a feeling of peace. Not that life is all fun in those moments. There are aches and emptiness and desires. But sometimes it all comes together to a sense of rightness. I think in those moments there is this raw feeling and an acceptance of what life is at that moment, and in that embrace of what currently is, all of life - past present and future - looks like a thing of beauty.

Something about fall makes these moments more regular. Something in the crisp wind, bright colors and currents of change in the air - the cold nose that hints of the winter ahead that will bring Christmas and also a lot of frigid waits for the bus, nights to be spent studying in front of the fire, coffee to be had with friends... ah! It all just feels so good at this moment. The realness of it all. Maybe that's why I love cold nose so much. It reminds me of the realness of life. Makes me feel alive.

I'll stop my rambling now...

No comments: