Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Why, hello!

Well, it has indeed been a while since I have written in this place. I won't lie, the main reason I am back at this moment is because of Jennie who made me feel special by telling me that she missed my blogging. So this post is dedicated to her. Man, now I have to come up with something worth dedicating with someone. And to Jennie, of all people. I may have set the bar too high.

I have a theory as to why I haven't felt like blogging much lately. It has to do with being at University taking a degree in math. You see, once upon a time, I went to a school where I wrote papers. All the time. And I got into the habit of it. I got used to writing papers. And so when I left that place, I had built up this habit of writing things in a somewhat literary way, and I needed a place to put those things down, and so my blog was born. Now, a couple of years later, all remnants of that habit of writing coherent paragraphs have mostly disappeared. Now, I spend my time writing math proofs, and figuring out whether 121212121212121212121212 is divisible by 11 (it is, by the way). Most people don't quite understand my love of math. That's ok, really. I am not ashamed. Numbers are cool, and I'm sticking to that. Anyways, back to what I was saying... these copious amounts of algebra and calculus that I have been doing have certainly not stopped me from pondering the deep questions of life (or at least the ones that my heart thinks are deep), but I do think I am changing the way I naturally feel like expressing those thoughts. They don't flow so nicely onto a page as they have at some points in my life. Maybe I'm just making excuses for never feeling like blogging. Who really knows? Oh the mysteries of life. Questions like, "Why does Janna not feel like blogging anymore?" and "Will we ever find a formula for the next prime number?" They are toughies, indeed.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Life IS a mystery...but also interesting. HURRAY for interesting blogging! thanks for appealing to my selfish whim.